The world of communications is changing constantly. With new technologies being introduced to the market every day, it can be hard to keep up with. With all these changes, it can be complicated for businesses to choose what will work best for their business. One thing most businesses will agree on is that they need a phone system of some kind to carry out day-to-day operations, the complicated part is, what is the best phone service for your business?
Well, we have the answer for you today: VoIP phone services. Before we continue, here’s a quick rundown on what VoIP actually is. A VoIP phone system uses the internet to transmit data and is a more technology-forward approach to making and receiving phone calls than traditional landlines. So, would a VoIP phone service improve your communications? Read on to find out.
VoIP Phone Services VS Traditional Landlines:
So, what makes VoIP phones so much better than traditional landlines? Many things! First, let’s talk about the flexibility and reliability that comes from having a service that only needs the internet to work. While traditional landlines were secured to a physical location, VoIP phone services can be used from any internet-connected device, meaning you can carry your service with you wherever you go.
Furthermore, VoIP phone services eliminate the need for heavy equipment and lengthy installations. They are also more cost-effective since you pay monthly fees with no surprise costs. One of the best things about VoIP phones is that they come packed full of features meant to make communications even smoother within your company.
Features of VoIP Phone Services:
While we are on the topic of VoIP phone features, let’s take a look at some of them:
- Video Conferencing: Allows teams to connect and share information fast and efficiently. Teammates can be in completely different places and see and chat with each other as if they were in a face-to-face meeting.
- Call Forwarding: This feature can redirect your calls to a different destination, whether the caller landed on the wrong person on the team, or you just want to pass along a call to someone else; call forwarding allows you to do that with the touch of a button.
- Call Recording: For whenever you need to save important information, the call recording feature can be a useful tool.
- Call Routing: This is a call management feature for business phone systems in which each incoming call is queued and then routed to a particular individual or group of people based on pre-established rules and criteria.
There are many more features of VoIP phone services, they even vary from provider to provider based on what plans you choose, but with these basics you can have an idea of how useful VoIP phones can be.
Benefits of VoIP Phone Services:
Now let’s move on to the benefits, which are also too many to list, but here are some of the basics:
- Reduced costs: As mentioned above, VoIP phone systems are cost effective. This is because they remove the need to pay for expensive equipment and installations as well as reparations. VoIP phone plans are also monthly payments which allow you to budget efficiently.
- Flexibility: a VoIP system can be used from anywhere at any time, it has become a staple tool of work from home and hybrid modalities. It allows people from your team to communicate even if they are in different countries!
- Scalability: These systems make it easy to add on new users whenever you need them too. As your business grows, a VoIP phone system can grow with you.
- Integrations: And now on to a fan favorite benefit… Integrations! They allow you to integrate your phone system to other communication systems you may already have, including several CRMs. What software you can integrate varies from provider to provider.
And like we said, there’s many more! The world of VoIP has become big and it’s growing as we speak; the most important part is that you choose a provider that is right for your business.
Try Invision Technologies for Your Communication Solutions!
At Invision Technologies, we have been a trusted VoIP phone service provider for over 17 years. We have a team of over 40 experts dedicated to giving the best service and customer service experience for businesses out there. Our state-of-the-art VoIP systems were designed thinking about the user first, and that has established us as the premium choice for phone services. To get started, or to get more information, get in touch with us today and we’ll gladly help you.